Wednesday 30 October 2013

Beauty Routine Tag!

Earlier in the week I was tagged by the lovely Annie from Hello Purple Clouds to take part in this beauty routine tag.


Rules of the Tag:
- state that this tag was created by www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com
- tag other bloggers 



1. Name a beauty routine that you rarely do
Exfoliate! I use a muslin cloth ever morning and evening and apply a face mask once a week but I rarely get the actual exfoliator out. 

2. Is washing your make-up brushes something you do regularly?
I pretty much live on eyeliner and mascara. I occasionally use eye-shadows, rarely use a concealer and never use foundation. I guess I can go a few weeks between washing my brushes but that could just be because I haven't worn anything during that time.

3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
Ohhh, probably a day or two after I first notice a chip. Mostly because I'll probably be at work when I first spot it then by the time I get home I will have forgotten! I tend to wear neutral colours so a chip doesn't tend to stand out.

4. How long do you put off buying/replacing a product even if you really need it?
I wouldn't put off buying something that I need to replace, especially if it is one of my staple products. However, if I read a review on something and like the sound of it - it goes on my wishlist and could be there for months before I get around to buying it!

5. What is your worst beauty habit?
The lady who threads my eyebrows tells me that it is using tweezers to remove brow hairs in-between threading sessions. She says it causes ingrowing hairs but I still do it! Also, I'm a reformed spot picker. 
6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off all the time
Clothes shopping - especially jeans/trousers. Ergh. I will wait until my jeans are falling to bits before I go out to buy more. Even then I will only go to town on a Sunday so it isn't so busy!

7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute or not?
I usually allow myself two hours to get ready for going out. Shower, hair, clothes, make up and then 10 mins to calm down before I leave the house! If I don't have that time to get ready then I won't want to go as I feel rushed and unprepared which causes my skin to react and redden. 

8.  Can you commit to spending bans?
Like Annie, I really try to commit but I usually fail. There is always some good bargain to be had, some new item being raved about, that I struggle to keep myself in check. Also like Annie, I make a list at the weekend of everything that I had spent this month on beauty products and it totalled a figure I am too ashamed to confess!


9.  How organized are your make-up/nail polish collections?
I did a clear out of nail polishes earlier this year and gave them all to my sister so they are much tidier now! I keep them in a basket and I only have about 4.
As for my make up, I don't have that much so it is all in a tupperware container. I probably should invest in something more elegant!

10.  What is the longest you've gone without writing a blog post?
Also like Annie, I have only been blogging for a couple of months. I tried to post twice a week, usually a week day then on a weekend but sometimes I have only managed to do one post. I think it was about 5 days. 


I'm going to tag Tania from Bow Tied Beauty and Olivia from Beauty from the Fjord 

1 comment

  1. Ooh this sounds like a really great tag I might have to do this xx
    Gem // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Jen's Green Skin. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.