Sunday 6 October 2013

Review: Lavera Shampoo & Trilogy Conditioner

I've probably mentioned before but I have a really difficult time finding an SLS free shampoo that I can use. I have thick, thick, thick hair which is also long and frizzy! 
After reading a few reviews, I decided to pick up the Lavera Basis Mild Shampoo (£6.45 - LoveLula.com) and I've been using it for about 5 weeks now. 


The shampoo feels very odd to me - I don't know how to describe it; it's very gloopy and kind of sqwadges out of the bottle into the hand. I found, like with the Neal's Yard Remedies shampoo in my empties post here, that I had to use a small amount on the roots of my hair and rinse first before shampooing properly. I think the hair must have to be very, very wet for the shampoo to be able to effectively spread around the hair without leaving unwashed bits. I quite liked using this shampoo, once I worked out how best to use it on my hair. I could really smell (and enjoyed) the organic wheat and rose essence and I suppose it did make my hair feel soft. 

I usually wash my hair every three days - day 1) wear it down, day 2) half-up and day 3) tied up with a bit of dry shampoo on the roots. 
However since using the Lavera Shampoo, I have to dry shampoo on DAY 2!! I don't know what it is, maybe the shampoo makes my hair heavier or something but this was just not good enough for me. It takes time and effort to wash and style my hair that I want to get as much use out of it before I have to go through the process again - I don't want to do this more often than I have to. I was really disappointed with this shampoo after reading so many good things about it.  I certainly wont be buying it again.

As for a conditioner, I haven't had such a problem with this as I have the shampoo. I guess because essentially it goes on the ends in a creamy layer rather than all over. I bought the Trilogy Clean + Balance Conditioner on sale at Lucyrose.biz for £5.50. Bargain, thought I - a conditioner for oily and combination hair that removes product build up! Again, I just wasn't impressed. It has a very runny formula, much more like a shampoo, that I didn't feel that it provided any real benefit to conditioning the roots. Another one that I wont repurchase.

What shampoo and conditioners do you use and recommend? 

1 comment

  1. Have you tried the organix range. You can get them at Boots. They do quite an Argan oil version x

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Jen's Green Skin. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.