Monday 29 September 2014

Review: Trilogy Everything Balm

Regular readers of mine will know how much I love a multi-use product so It should come as no surprise to you that I got my hands on Trilogy Everything Balm!




"This balm fixes everything..." it says. And I agree.
The balm can be used for face and body, hair and nails, massage and even on babies.
An opaque white balm which is fairly solid in the pot but melts beautifully on contact with skin and absorbs quickly. I would also say that it has little to no scent.

I use the balm as part of my evening "face off" routine by warming a blob of balm about the size of a 5 pence piece in my hands and use it to massage my face and neck for about 2 mins. I then used a hot flannel and lay it over my face for another minute before wiping it off and doing the whole thing again. 
The balm is so smooth and so easy to distribute over the skin, it's like a dream. 

The balm comes in a 95g pot for £20.50 (or 45g pot for £12.99) and has lasted me about 6 months so far. You can see from the picture that I'm coming to an end with it but I think it'll still last me another month at least. 
Gets the value for money thumbs up from me anyway!

In comparison to my first balm love, Neal's Yard Remedies Wild Rose Beauty Balm, I have to say that it has it's pros and cons. 
It is certainly better value for money (WWBB is £37 for 50g) and I would say it cleanses my skin just as well.
What I love about the WWBB though is the scent and I feel like that is missing from Everything Balm -but that is just a personal preference

I bought this based after reading lots of lovely green bloggers reviews and I'm pleased I did. It lived up to my expectations (which doesn't happen very often!) and I'd happily recommend this to you if you, like me, love a good multi-use balm!

Have you tried it before? What other balms do you use and recommend?

4 comments

  1. I love balms! So many times I've put this in my basket then taken it out haha! Same with WRBB, I've gotten so close to buying it and almost did the other day when it was 20% off (I would've gotten 40% off as I'm a consultant) but couldn't bring myself to pay it! It does sound lovely but I do like to have aroma therapeutic benefits with my skincare too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got to the stage now where I just can't justify spending £37 for a balm, no matter how brilliant it is! Everything Balm is a great substitute though so maybe I'll just add a few drops of essential oil into the mix next time! x

      Delete
  2. I really like this balm too. It lasts for ages and ages x

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Jen's Green Skin. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.