Tuesday 1 October 2013

September Empties

I love reading other bloggers 'empties' posts. It just gives that quick overview of what they have used and would buy again; great to compile a wishlist to. Hopefully your'll enjoy my mine!
I will forewarn you, it is very Neal's Yard Remedies heavy as they have been my go-to brand for the last couple of years. I am branching out though, so stick with me!


Neal's Yard Remedies - Beauty Sleep Concentrate 30ml - The best, really and truly, product that I use. See my full review here

Neal's Yard Remedies - White Tea Face Mist 45ml - A total skin saver during the hot summer months! Mist onto the face for an instant pick-me-up. I used this bottle every day and even kept it in the fridge to use on those hot hot hot days. Will buy again next summer.

Neal's Yard Remedies - Orange Flower Facial Oil 30ml - Well now, I hear such good things about facial oils that I through I would give one a go. Lovely scent but I'm not sure if it worked for me!

Neal's Yard Remedies - Organic Shea Nut and Rosehip Lip Formula 4.5g - This lip balm is my absolute favourite, so much so that I haven't used any other for the last 18 months! When this finished, I stopped myself from buying another so that I could venture out and give Herbfarmacy a go. 

Neal's Yard Remedies - Lemon and Coriander Deodorant 100ml - I'm still on the search for a deodorant that lives up to Dove's roll on. This spray had a really lovely scent but didn't cut it for me. I wont be buying again.

Neal's Yard Remedies - Revitalising Orange Flower Shampoo 200ml - Since going green, have found shampoo really difficult to find. I have really thick, long hair and washing it is a real chore. With this shampoo I found I had to lather, rinse, repeat about 3 times in order to get through the dense mass of hair. It did leave my hair feeling light and really clean but it was a lot of hard work to use. Wont buy again.

Neal's Yard Remedies - English Lavender Bath and Shower Gel 200ml - I really love lavender scented ANYTHING and this shower gel is just delicious. Will buy again.


Dr Organic - Aloe Vera Deodorant 50ml - I usually go for the Tea Tree Oil deodorant but Holland & Barrett didn't have it in stock. I didn't think this one worked as well so will not buy again.

Bodhi - Mint The Shower Gel sample - I picked this up as a sample with a LoveLula order. I managed to get three uses out of this. I love the scent but not sure I would shell out £23 for the full sized product. 

Weleda - Citrus Body Wash sample - Again, I loved this sample! The citrus scent got me going in the morning and the creamy wash left my skin feeling fresh.

Essential Care - Rose Moisturiser sample - Again, this came with a LoveLula order. A very delicately fragranced facial moisturiser, light and easy to use. 

Natural Empathy - Hand and Body Lotion sample - I really loved using this sample sized lotion. It smelt great, it was light enough to use all over and left my skin feeling so soft. Full size is on my wishlist!

Caudalie - Purifying Mask sample - This was a 1 application sample so I can't say how well it worked long term. Still, it was easy to use.

Elemental Herbology - Facial Detox Purifying Mask sample - I think I got 4 applications from this sample. Was lovely to use and left my skin feeling soft and looking radiant.

Neom - Happiness Travel Candle 75g - This was my first Neom candle and I thought it was just brilliant! I can smell the candle even when it isn't lit - a fresh, floral scent. I keep it by my bed and it helps me to relax. Will buy again.

Boots - No7 Beautifull Skin Eye Make-Up Remover - I got this as part of a set at Christmas. While the size is great for travelling (its been to Riyah and Bruges in the last year!) and it worked really well, I wont be buying again as its full of nasties.

Lush - Fair Trade Foot Lotion sample - YUCK! This lotion is bright pink! When I looked at the ingredient list they use a synthetic colour (Colour 17200 to be exact). Won't be going near this again, even if it is Fair Trade.

Lush - Helping Hands 100g pot - See my review here. I won't be using this again.

Balm Balm - Mini Set of Seven Single Note Eau de Parfum - I've used them all up over the last couple of months. I got on really well with the lavender but the spearmint caused a reaction - I came up bright red and blotchy. Not convinced of their staying power but it was fun to mix and match.

REN - Rosa Centifolia Cleansing Gel 25ml - This lasted for ages! Such a light gel, a real pleaser to use and thoroughly cleaned the skin. Would like to buy the full size.

REN - Vita-Mineral Day Cream 15ml - Again, for a sample size this lasted a long time. Easy to use and kept my skin feeling and looking good all day.

REN- Frankincense Revitalising Night Cream 15ml - Lovely consistency and feel, frankincense is a favourite of mine so this was a winner.

What have you used up this month?

1 comment

  1. lots of fab empties! It's here I saw you liked bodhi x

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Jen's Green Skin. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.