Friday 19 February 2016

How I Muddled Through a Horrible Virus with Viridian


Back at the end of January I was really, really sick.
What started off as a sore throat and a cold (which I thought I'd be able to just get over) actually turned out to be Tonsillitis and because I didn't get that treated, the infection spread into my chest and ears. I found this out after struggling for two weeks, getting worse each day and not better, before I sucked it up and went to the Doctors. Thank God for Penicillin.

After the first week or so, I was sent a lovely care package* from Viridian with some supplements to help me get fight through the illness.
Knowing that I'd probably end up on antibiotics, which kill everything good and bad, I received Synbiotic Daily Plus Cranberry tablets to restock the good bacteria. I was able to take this for a few days before I started the course of penicillin and then had enough to last me for a week after the course had finished. This was the first time I've lived through antibiotics without unpleasant side effects - itchy skin, bloating and pain in my abdomen, and (sorry TMI) thrush. I'm putting this down to these magic tablets. I'd definitely use them in the future if I have to have antibiotics again.

I'd also been sent the Organic Elderberry Throat Spray with Manuka Honey, Elderberry extract, Mashmallow extract and Aloe Vera. I've got be to honest and say this was weird to use. My throat had swollen so much that in order to get the spray to the back of my throat, I had to go "ahhhhh" and quickly spray, which would then trigger a coughing fit. That being said, it was soothing once I'd gone through the application process! I've still got half a bottle left so I'll keep it close by and use immediately if I think I'm picking anything up again.

My favourite of the supplements however, was the Organic Maca Extract. Maca is well known for improving energy levels and it wasn't until my body was starting to recover that I noticed what a difference taking these tablets had made. Sure, my body was falling to bits and was a bit of a pathetic mess, but thanks to the Maca my head was clear and I actually felt pretty good mentally. 

Lastly as a little treat, I had the Ultimate Beauty Organic Nail & Cuticle Oil. This incredibly scented oil encourages nail appearance and condition, all thanks to Jojoba oil, extract of Horsetail and Marigold, and Lemon Myrtle essential oil. I've got into a nice little routine of applying this oil each evening before I go to bed and massaging into the nail bed. Its quite a relaxing experience and I hope it won't be long before I see the benefits of using it!

I've been virus clear for a couple of weeks now and feeling better each day. I hope it's a LONG time before I'm that poorly again!

What do you use when you're ill? 

*Products kindly sent to help me feel better!

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Jen's Green Skin. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.