Thursday 5 December 2013

Review: Myroo Lemon Body Butter

I came across Myroo Skincare on Twitter (wonderful Twitter) and got chatting with Rachael, the founder and creator. Myroo is based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and also the place I was born and raised. Rachael kindly sent me a Lemon Body Butter to try, just to confirm that the people of Harrogate truly are the best!



This body butter is just sumptuous. The shea butter, coconut and sweet almond oils have been whipped up to give a really luxe texture, light to the touch but deeply nourishing. The light feel of the butter can be misleading - one might think that lots is needed but this isn't the case. The butter melts into a clear oil and a little goes a long way. 

Shea butter is renowned for its healing properties, coconut oil is used for moisturising and soothing and the sweet almond oil adds Omega 6 and vitamins into the mix.

My favourite part? The lemon essential oil. Lemon is one of my all time favourite scents. I use it on a hot stone with lavender and peppermint when my head needs cleansing as it is uplifting and refreshing. 
This body butter smells like lemon meringue pie, the butter certainly could pass for the meringue topping!

Myroo's Lemon Body Butter is perfect for using after the shower in the morning to really give you a spring in your step. 

You can buy the Lemon Body Butter from the Myroo website here for £15.
Have you tried any Myroo products?

11 comments

  1. This sounds lovely I love lemon scented products! I would have to force myself not to eat it though aha ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, I find myself having a sniff of the pot every now and then! x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really is, I'm sure you would love it x

      Delete
  3. Sounds lovely, I keep meaning to try something from Myroo I will definitely have to now Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do! Rachael has such a lovely selection of products but I think I might have to get the bath fizz next! x

      Delete
  4. Very tempting, gosh, I love lemony, zesty scents and if you say that it smells like lemon meringue pie...I will have to add it to my increasing wishlist of body creams! x Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, my wishlist is MASSIVE! I don't think I will ever get through the list I have! x

      Delete
  5. This sounds lovely! I'm a huge Myroo fan having tried Mint Tea Bath Fizz, Mint Tea Body Scrub, Starflower & Orange Blossom Cleanser and the Skin Boost Facial Facial Serum x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty much their full range, isn't it?! Obviously good enough to keep you going back for more :) The Bath Fizz really appeals to me - especially is the lemon ones smells like this! x

      Delete
  6. Looking very lovely! Have their Orange Blossom cleanser which is really nice ( oil blend) :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Jen's Green Skin. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.